My new years ethical resolutions for a greener, happier year!

Hello everyone! I know I have been away for a few weeks but I just felt like I needed a break from my blog and to just to enjoy my holiday and have a bit of a rest as I damaged my back last year. Although I know most people roll their eyes at new years resolutions, I have always quite liked them. No, you don't have to wait until the new year to start a diet or stop smoking but it does definitely spur you on. My new years' resolutions this year are focusing on being a healthier me and living a more sustainable lifestyle.  I feel like transitioning to a more sustainable lifestyle is a process and it takes a good while... after the success of last year going cruelty-free and only shopping ethical fashion I thought it was time to pay more attention to my diet and living in a more zero-waste esk. way.

Mainly this year I want to focus on keeping my fitness levels more consistent, keeping up with a healthy eating plan all the time. This is really important to me and I think it has areally positive impact my life. I also want to really think about where my food has come from and look at the food miles; its important to me to support local farmers and producers who make British produce. I also want to really start looking at packaging and going as zero waste as possible, taking care not to use up resources that I don't need. I'm also hoping to really try with being more plant-based this year, cutting out sugar and red meat is so much better for my health and I know red meat isn't good for the planet! 
I also really want to wage war on plastic pollution this year, keeping away from excess packaging synthetic fabric and microbeads. They are all so damaging to our natural world it is so important to stop this madness and protect our wildlife.

Let me know what your resolutions are and if you have made any green ones! I've also linked a video below just talking in more detail about why I've chosen these resolutions. Excuse the odd look on y face it's my first ever video and I wasn't overly sure what I was doing! I thought it would be a  great way to branch out my blog and also show some more of the clothes I thrift etc. that are difficult to blog about!






3 comments

Beeing Sophie said...

I'm right with you on the plastic! i want to start making an effort to pick food in the supermarket that is in carboard/paper packaging, or even go to the market at the weekend to get fruit and veg? I also took my Ecoffee cup to costa today for the first time and it was wonderful to see they take 25p off your drink! The world IS taking note. Good old Sir David <3

Bumble and Be

Ethical Bunny said...

I know I love getting money off too! :) That's brilliant! I really believe that all these little things we do and the changes we make can have such an impact! :) xx

Ha ha got to love Davey :)

Unknown said...

Always read your blog it gets better and better all the time so impressed with your work and the information you give people to make them see the impact certain things have on the environment and what they can do to help make a change :) keep it up ! loved the new years resolutions and your first video :D ! still havnt learnt how to make the bed tho hmm .. maybe another resolution there :P haha well done x